We're really doing it. We're building a house! This will be a place to keep track of our progress and all the ups and downs that come with building a house.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The light at the end of the tunnel

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally starting to feel like we're actually closing in on finishing our home.  We went down to Southern Utah to visit family this weekend and came back to see a lot of work that had been done.  Bear with me, I've got a lot of pictures....

tile around master bathtub almost done
 still working on our master shower tile
 the cabinets were delivered! YAY!!!!!!

 cabinets for downstairs sitting in the living room
 our door was stained (and they did a pretty crappy job) :(
 hardwood floor!!! halfway done
 PREPARE YOUR EYES!!!! 


Trevin's room....I'm trying to convince him to let me get a slightly less "powerful" green but he LOVES IT and will not consent to toning it down.  I'm thinking I will need to put lots of pictures on the green wall to cover most of it up. :0

 Kierstyn's teal ceiling turned out so pretty.  I can't wait to see it with her chandelier!
 Kyler played it safe with 2 different shades of gray for his room.  It's going to be just perfect for him.

 Here is the interesting tile pattern they laid in our basement nook area.  I didn't mind it so much but Kelly hated it when he first saw it.  I'm hoping it will grow on him.  This is our wet bar/craft table/treadmill area.
 Painting more trim
 This is our master bathroom vanity....sitting in our bedroom.
 Pantry--love the wood floor!
 One more shot of the kitchen from the front door

The cabinet maker should be here this week to actually install the cabinets. They are coming to measure for the granite on Wednesday.  Hopefully the front columns will be done this week too. Carpet is scheduled to be installed next week! We're getting closer!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love it all so much I can't believe how close you are. I. Think everything you chose looks fabulous even the bright green color. Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all!! I think the kids room colors are perfect for the kids that are going in those rooms!! :) Lots of pictures for Trevins room- I am sure one day he will let you tone it down. :)

    Loving the hard wood floors and can't wait to get your opinion on the white cabinets. :)

    ReplyDelete